Your Massachusetts Bankruptcy Checklist
In order to complete a successful bankruptcy, you will need each of the following items. In the event you do not have one, or more, of these items, talk to one of the attorneys at the Law Office of Brian R. Lewis to discuss documentation substitution.
- Tax returns for the last four years
- Credit card statements for the last 3 to 6 months if available
- Pay stubs or other proof of income for the last six months
- Copy of Deed and Declaration of Homestead for real estate property
- Evidence of title for vehicles and other personal property
- Statements showing balances owed on mortgages, cars, etc.
- Notices from any federal, state or local tax collection agencies
- Leases and rental agreements
- Lawsuits and judgments either for or against debtor
- A list and copy of all bills with an outstanding balance
- Notices of foreclosure, eviction notice, or repossession
- Copy of declaration’s page for homeowners/auto insurance
- Bank statements for the last 12 months
Making the decision to file bankruptcy can be difficult, and the process itself is stressful. It can be very beneficial to have an attorney who understands the laws and what decisions are best for your particular financial situation. Contact the Law Office of Brian R. Lewis today for your free initial consultation.